Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system
Дата
Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3.1.2013 20:33, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM, Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
>> On 3.1.2013 18:47, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> How about creating the new directory as a direct subdir of $PGDATA,
>>> rather than buried in global? "global" is supposed to contain data
>>> related to shared catalog relations (plus pg_control), so it doesn't
>>> seem like the right location for per-database stat files. Also, if we're
>>> going to have admins manually zapping the directory (hopefully when the
>>> system is offline), that's less scary if the directory is not buried as
>>> deep.
>>
>> That's clearly possible and it's a trivial change. I was thinking about
>> that actually, but then I placed the directory into "global" because
>> that's where the "pgstat.stat" originally was.
>
> Yeah, +1 for a separate directory not in global.

OK, I moved the files from "global/stat" to "stat".

Tomas

Вложения

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: optimized DROP of multiple tables within a transaction