Re: some missing internationalization in pg_basebackup

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: some missing internationalization in pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 13:38, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> I noticed that the progress reporting code in pg_basebackup does not
> allow for translation.  This would normally be easy to fix, but this
> code has a number of tricky issues, including the INT64_FORMAT, possibly
> some plural concerns, and some space alignment issues that hidden in
> some of those hardcoded numbers.
>
> I'm just posting it here as an open item in case someone has some ideas
> in the meantime.

Hm. i didn't consider translation at all when writing that. Looking at
it from that perspective, I realize it's pretty darn hard to make it
translatable.

Maybe it can/should be rewritten not to try to do all those things in
one step, thus making it easier somehow? I'm afraid I don't know
enough about the translation system to know exactly what would go all
the way there, though..

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/