Re: some missing internationalization in pg_basebackup

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: some missing internationalization in pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2011-08-10 at 11:39 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 13:38, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > I noticed that the progress reporting code in pg_basebackup does not
> > allow for translation.  This would normally be easy to fix, but this
> > code has a number of tricky issues, including the INT64_FORMAT, possibly
> > some plural concerns, and some space alignment issues that hidden in
> > some of those hardcoded numbers.

> Maybe it can/should be rewritten not to try to do all those things in
> one step, thus making it easier somehow? I'm afraid I don't know
> enough about the translation system to know exactly what would go all
> the way there, though..

I've fixed this now.

During testing, I noticed that the final kB number always overshoots the
projected total by 1 kB, e.g.,

52763/52762 kB (100%), 1/1 tablespace

This happens even in trivial test (base backup of regression test
database, for example), so is it possible that there is some counting
bug in the code?  It could appear as "postgres can't count" to the user.