Re: small pg_basebackup display bug

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: small pg_basebackup display bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>> That would make such a truncation less frequent, and after all a truncated display is not
>>> particular useful.
>
>> Agreed - it's useful during testing, but not in a typical production
>> use. It might actually be more useful if it's truncated in in the
>> other end (keeping the last 30 instead of the first 30 chars)
>
> +1 for truncating from the left.  I think pg_upgrade already does that
> in its progress messages.

Fixed. I also fixed the output of the size parameter to be a fixed
length, so the whole row doesn't shift left and right depending on how
far long the process is.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: review: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log