Re: Installation instructions vs binaries

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Installation instructions vs binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 4:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. How about like this?

Isn't this pretty duplicative of d2511d713?

Eh yes, I clearly missed that one -- that's what I get for forgetting to put it in the CF :)

That said, I still think it's worthwhile to have a separate chapter on installing from binaries, ahead of the source one, rather than just a note in the source chapter -- and with proper links to the website.

And I think Davids comment about repetitive language would apply to yours as well, and should maybe be simplified there too?

Сообщение: Re: Installation instructions vs binaries
Сообщение: Re: Installation instructions vs binaries