Re: pg_basebackup from cascading standby after timeline switch

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup from cascading standby after timeline switch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
>> I'm not happy with the fact that we just ignore the problem in a backup
>> taken from a standby, silently giving the user a backup that won't start
>> up. Why not include the timeline history file in the backup?
>
> +1.  I was not aware that we weren't doing that --- it seems pretty
> foolish, especially since as you say they're tiny.

Yeah, +1. That should probably have been a part of the whole
"basebackup from slave" patch, so it can probably be considered a
back-patchable bugfix in itself, no?

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/