Re: pg_basebackup from cascading standby after timeline switch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_basebackup from cascading standby after timeline switch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:
> I'm not happy with the fact that we just ignore the problem in a backup
> taken from a standby, silently giving the user a backup that won't start
> up. Why not include the timeline history file in the backup?

+1.  I was not aware that we weren't doing that --- it seems pretty
foolish, especially since as you say they're tiny.

Сообщение: Re: Makefiles don't seem to remember to rebuild everything anymore
Сообщение: Re: Makefiles don't seem to remember to rebuild everything anymore