Re: Partitioning existing table issue - Help needed!

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Partitioning existing table issue - Help needed!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
(please avoid top-posting, it makes the thread really hard to read)

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 1:04 PM dbatoCloud Solution
<dbatocloud17@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Magnus,
>
> I was able to create trigger for each partition now successfully.
>
> Now I tried to insert records from the old tableto newly created partition table but I am receiving the below error.
> Comand # insert into core.contact_transaction_history_Parent_PART_BKP_AM  select * from
core.contact_transaction_history;

> SQL Error [54001]: ERROR: stack depth limit exceeded
>   Hint: Increase the configuration parameter "max_stack_depth" (currently 6144kB), after ensuring the platform's
stackdepth limit is adequate.

>   Where: SQL statement "INSERT INTO core.contact_transaction_history_P_PART_BKP_Y2020_AM VALUES (NEW.*)"
> PL/pgSQL function core.contact_transaction_history_parent_part_bkp_am_() line 14 at SQL statement
> SQL statement "INSERT INTO core.contact_transaction_history_P_PART_BKP_Y2020_AM VALUES (NEW.*)"
> PL/pgSQL function core.contact_transaction_history_parent_part_bkp_am_() line 14 at SQL statement
> SQL statement "INSERT INTO core.contact_transaction_history_P_PART_BKP_Y2020_AM VALUES (NEW.*)"
> PL/pgSQL function core.contact_transaction_history_parent_part_bkp_am_() line 14 at SQL statement
> SQL statement "INSERT INTO core.contact_transaction_history_P_PART_BKP_Y2020_AM VALUES (NEW.*)"
> PL/pgSQL function core.contact_transaction_history_parent_part_bkp_am_() line 14 at SQL statement
> SQL statement "INSERT INTO core.contact_transaction_history_P_PART_BKP_Y2020_AM VALUES (NEW.*)"
> PL/pgSQL function core.contact_transaction_history_parent_part_bkp_am_() line 14 at SQL statement
> SQL statement "INSERT INTO core.contact_transaction_history_P_PART_BKP_Y2020_AM VALUES (NEW.*)"
> PL/pgSQL function core.contact_transaction_history_parent_part_bkp_am_() line 14 at SQL statement

This looks a lot like you may have created a trigger that actually
fires recursively. What does your trigger actually do that would
require that much stack? Can you post the code of the trigger?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/