Re: keywords in pg_hba.conf are case-sensitive?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: keywords in pg_hba.conf are case-sensitive?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<<ahref="mailto:alvherre@commandprompt.com">alvherre@commandprompt.com</a>> writes:<br /> > > Excerpts from
RobertHaas's message of jue feb 02 11:39:29 -0300 2012:<br /> > >> We have lots of things that are
>Err, postgresql.conf processing is case insensitive, which is the most<br /> > > closely related example.
 Areyou saying we should make that case<br /> > > sensitive as well?  What I'm saying is that I see no good
reasonfor<br /> > > keyword comparison to be case sensitive here.  We don't compare case on<br /> > > SQL
wherea token might be either a keyword or a user/group/database name.<br /> > If you start recognizing keywords
case-insensitively,you could break<br /> > files that used to work, ie what was meant to be a name will now be<br />
>read as a keyword.  Admittedly, the odds of that are not very large, but<br /> > they're not zero either.  Given
theentire lack of complaints about this<br /> > from the field, I'm inclined to think it's better to leave well
hearda single complaint about this ever... <p>/Magnus <br />

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: spgist text_ops and LIKE
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Fast GiST index build - further improvements