Re: "flat" links in mail archives are badly named

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: "flat" links in mail archives are badly named
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> May be move the link to some more visible place than end of  header line,
>> which people usually ignore. I suggest to replace "Thread:" by "Whole
>> Thread:" and make it linkable. Also, add explanation text into ALT tag.

> I'm not sure that's a good idea. That seems to overload a lot of meaning
> into that field which if anything would be more confusing. Many people will
> probably just think it's another header.

> That said, I'm not saying it shouldn't be made more visible, I just don't
> think that is a good way of doing it.

We already made one change to make this functionality more visible.
Let's wait and see if that seems to solve the problem before making
more-invasive changes.

(Do we have any way of tracking how many visits to the "flat" URLs
there are?  If there's a spike since we changed that, it would suggest
that more people are picking up on what the link is for.)

Nothing easy, I think.

We have Google Analytics on the site, and it's possible to search for flat. As some examples, I can see that during September, we had about 715,000 views of messages, of which about 2,800 hit the flatpages, so about 0.39%. If I set it to just the last week, the value is 0.41%. Pretty sure that so far it's within the margin of error, but we need some more time to determine it.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: