Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 09/30/2015 09:33 AM, Amir Rohan wrote:
> On 09/30/2015 09:53 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

>>> Fixed.
>>
>> I think you missed at least one spot in the code you added and also at
>> least one occurance in existing code.
>>

> Hmmm, then that is a 100% miss rate when "antispam" greps precisely
> twice in views.py. But, I double checked the patch (V3) and both are fixed.
>
> Did you notice that the file contains multiple patches?

no missed that - makes reading it without applying not exactly easier :)

>>> You're right to be concerned, I raised the issue myself to begin with.
>>> We can solve any particular problem, but how to optimize depends too
>>> much on particulars I don't have.
>>>
>>> If you have both cpu and memory shortage, we could trade storage.
>>> You already serve monthly mbox's, having per thread mboxes which are
>>> updated in batch (say hourly) could be managable, and that code
>>> is practically written already. Serving static is as cheap as it gets
>>> on noth cpu and memory.
>>
>> yeah that is what I was thinking - though I dont think we want hourly.
>> Went went a long way to actually get the current system to be "almost
>> instant" in terms of having the archives in sync with the lists
>>

> I'm pretty sure the monthly mboxes are lagging by at least a few hours,
> if they are not actually nightlies.

they are rsynced over from the main mailinglist server where mj2
generates them.

> This reads like a rejection for this whole "generate from db" approach.
> And I can't help implement the static solution, as that's cron/root
> stuff.

no -  that was not what I was trying to say - my proposal was to add the
per-thread mbox generation (and maybe even the monthly ones longer term)
as an option to
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgarchives.git;a=blob;f=loader/load_message.py
(which is basically called by the MTA) - that way the mbox file would be
built at the same time the archive webfrontend also has it. We might
want to rename the tool at that time as well to reduce confusion or add
a seperate script that does that and gets called by the other (or the mta)

Stefan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: