Re: password_encryption default

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: password_encryption default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:13 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> We didn't get anywhere with making the default authentication method in
> a source build anything other than trust.  But perhaps we should change
> the default for password_encryption to nudge people to adopt SCRAM?
> Right now, passwords are still hashed using MD5 by default, unless you
> specify scram-sha-256 using initdb -A or similar.

I think what that was waiting on was for client libraries to become
SCRAM-ready.  Do we have an idea of the state of play on that side?

If the summary table on the wiki at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers is to be trusted, every listed driver except Swift does.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: password_encryption default