Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
So, apart from cleaning up the code, we really need to take a close look at the on-disk format now. The code can be cleaned up later, too, but we're going to be stuck with the on-disk format forever, so it's critical to get that right.

First, a few observations:

* JENTRY_ISFIRST is redundant. Whenever you deal with the Jentry struct, you know from the context which element in the array it is.

* JENTRY_ISNEST is set but never used.

* JENTRY_ISBOOL is defined as (JENTRY_ISNUMERIC | JENTRY_ISNEST), which seems confusing.

I'm going to proceed refactoring those things, which will change the on-disk format. It's late in the release cycle - these things really should've been cleaned up earlier - but it's important to get the on-disk format right. Shout if you have any objections.

+1. It's now or never. If the on-disk format needs changing, not doing it now is going to leave us with a "jsonc" in the future... Better bite the bullet now.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation
Сообщение: Re: Wanted: jsonb on-disk representation documentation