Re: Backup docs

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Backup docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
> <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> Please let's apply that documentation patch to 9.2 too.
>
> Agreed.

Here's a patch that does the first two things. Does not attempt a
tl;tr section yet. Also adds a subheader for the notes about
compressing archive logs that seems to have been missing for a long
time - that's definitely valid for things that aren't standalone
backups, and is arguably a lot more *useful* in cases that aren't
standalone backups (since standalone backups won't have very much
log).

No removed text, just moved around and added some.

Unless there are objections to this one specifically, I'll go ahead
and commit it soon.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/