Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [ thread moved to hackers ]
>>>
>>> Can a Windows person look into this issue?
>>>
>>>        http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141028070241.2593.58180@wrigleys.postgresql.org
>>>
>>> The thread includes a patch.  I need a second person to verify its
>>> validity.  Thanks.
>>
>> FWIW, it looks sane to me to do so, ServiceMain declaration is in
>> charge to start the service, and to wait for the postmaster to stop,
>> and indeed process may increment dwcheckpoint in -w mode, and it
>> expects for process to wait for 12 times but this promise is broken.
>> The extra calls to SetServiceStatus are also welcome to let the SCM
>> know the current status in more details.
>
> So, what's next here?

I guess that a committer opinion would be welcome. IMO the current
behavior is a bug.

Agreed, it pretty clearly is.

I've applied this patch (with a minor stylistic change), and backpatched.