Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT syntax issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/07/2015 12:01 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> 6. The tablename and EXCLUDED? Possibility with the ability to specify
>     an AS for INSERT INTO foo AS whatever?

If we don't allow "AS whatever", and you create a table called
"excluded", you're stuck with the ambiguity in the DO UPDATE statement
as you can't alias either one. So we have to add support for "INSERT
INTO foo AS whatever", if we go with <tablename> and EXCLUDED.

Does anyone see a problem with "INSERT INTO foo AS whatever"? It seems
pretty straightforward to implement.

If we don't use <tablename> and go back to TARGET/EXCLUDED or whatever
we call them, they must only be visible to the UPDATE statement, not
RETURNING. Otherwise we're back to square one.

- Heikki