Re: [HACKERS] adding the commit to a patch's thread

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] adding the commit to a patch's thread
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 01 Sep 2017, at 15:40, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 4:26 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> Erik Rijkers wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to change the commitfest a bit and make it possible to
>>> add the commit (or commit-message, or hash) to the thread in the
>>> commitfest-app.
>>
>> +1 to add one or more commit hashes to CF entry metadata.
>>
>> (Back-filling for old entries welcome)
>
> Couldn't the CF app scrape the commit messages for references to
> threads, and if the commit message points to a thread with exactly 1
> patch record, associate the commit to that patch?

Since there is a Gitlink field in the patch metadata, we could start simple
with setting that to link to the commit on pg gitweb?  While adding the thread
of the commit from -committers would be great as well, this gets us off the
ground quickly.

The original idea behind the gitlink field was to link to a git repo/branch representing the patch, for people who preferred to publish full branches for those that want it.

This has been done for a grand total of 43 patches throughout (out of a total of 1231).

Not sure if that's enough to say "let's not repurpose it"?