Re: [HACKERS] Fix warnings and typo in dshash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Fix warnings and typo in dshash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Aside from these 3 warnings, it looks like the other 17 are all
> "warning C4005: 'HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64': macro redefinition".

Oh, I think that one might be my fault.  I tweaked pg_config.h.win32
in 9d6b160d7 to use "#define HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 1", for consistency
with what happens in an autoconf'd build.  But now I see that
Solution.pm has another definition of that macro.  (That sure looks
like a mighty ad-hoc way of building ecpg_config.h, but whatever.)

> I wonder if it would make sense to fix that too and then turn on the
> MSVC equivalent of -Werror=xxx on a build farm animal...

I don't have enough experience with MSVC to know if we want to commit
to being 100% warning-free forevermore on it.  But sure, somebody
should try that on an experimental basis to see what happens.