Re: pg_stat_statements temporary file

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements temporary file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, May 25, 2012, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On 25 May 2012 14:13, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Here's a patch that does the two easy fixes:
> 1) writes the file to a temp file and rename()s it over the main file
> as it writes down. This removes the (small) risk of corruption because
> of a crash during write
>
> 2) unlinks the file after reading it. this makes sure it's not
> included in online backups.

Seems reasonable. It might be better to consistently concatenate the
string literals PGSS_DUMP_FILE and ".tmp" statically. Also, I'd have
updated the string in the errmsg callsite after the "error" tag too,
to refer to the tmp file rather than the file proper. Forgive the

Agreed on the first one, and oops-forgot on the second one.

pedantry, but I should mention that I believe that it is project
policy to not use squiggly parenthesis following an if expression when
that is unnecessary due to there only being a single statement.

Good point too - I had some other code there as well during testing, and didn't clean it up all the way. Thanks for pointing it out!

Will apply with those fixes.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/