Re: pg_stat_statements temporary file

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements temporary file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday, May 25, 2012, Tom Lane wrote:
> On Friday, May 25, 2012 04:03:49 PM Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> Where do you suggest the file be written to?

> One could argue stats_temp_directory would be the correct place.

No, that would be exactly the *wrong* place, because that directory can
be on a RAM disk.  We need to put this somewhere where it'll survive
a shutdown.

One could imagine creating a PGDATA subdirectory just for permanent (not
temp) stats files, but right at the moment that seems like overkill.
If we accumulate a few more similar files, I'd start to think it was
worth doing.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. But yeah, at the time it's probably overkill - the main use today would be for better isolation of non-core extensions, but I'm not sure there are enough of those that want to write files in the data directory to care about..

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/