Re: unsubscribe

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: unsubscribe
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 21 November 2017 at 15:17, Rafal Pietrak <rafal@ztk-rp.eu> wrote:
Hi all,

Have anyone noticed, that last couple of days on the list, can become a
nice example of HOWTO turn the best list on the planet into a nightmare?

Pls forgive rudeness, but IMHO, whoever made the "upgrade" should
manually take all the "unsubscribe" messages from archive and do that
"unsubscription" by hand .... instead of giving not always helpfull
guidance.

The list used to have a filter that blocked messages with "unsubscribe" in the subject or forced them into moderation the moderation queue.

I thought that'd be preserved with the PgLister migration.

It is preserved.

But they are easily fooled. We can't match every mail that contains the word unsubscribe (or subscribe) *anywhere*. There are restrictions. And they have a hard time dealing with people posting in pure-html-mail-with-no-plaintext-part and things like that.

The filters have trapped around 30 emails so far that didn't make it to the list because of those.

But really, a nightmare? Yeah, it's a pain, but I think that's laying it on a bit strong. Personally I appreciate the hard and usually thankless work the infrastructure and admin team do.

Thanks!