Re: pg_basebackup -x stream from the standby gets stuck

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup -x stream from the standby gets stuck
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> While reviewing and cleaning this patch up a bit I noticed it actually
>> broke pg_receivexlog in the renaming.
>>
>> Here is a new version of the patch, reworked based on the above so
>> we're down to a single callback. I moved the "rename last segment file
>> even if it's not complete" to be a parameter into ReceiveXlogStream()
>> instead of trying to overload a third functionality on the callback
>> (which is what broke pg_receivexlog).
>>
>> How does this look? Have I overlooked any cases?
>
> Thanks for the patch! Looks good to me except the followings:
>
>    pg_basebackup.c:233: warning: passing argument 6 of
> 'ReceiveXlogStream' from incompatible pointer type

Hmm. I could've sworn I fixed that. I think I forgot to refresh the patch :-)

> It seems confusing that *stream_continue()* returns TRUE when
> streaming *cannot continue*, i.e.,
> its name seems to be inconsistent with what it does. What about
> renaming it to stream_stop?

That's a pre-existing issue, but agreed, I will rename it.

> Similarly, it also seems confusing that *continue_streaming()* returns
> TRUE when streaming
> *cannot continue*.

Yeah, I renamed that one to stop_streaming as well.

Will apply the updated version.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/