Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third party websites

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third party websites
Дата
Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:25 AM Álvaro Hernández <aht@ongres.com> wrote:

On 17/9/19 14:14, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 9/17/19 11:54 AM, Álvaro Hernández wrote:
>>
>>      Great, thank you Jonathan.
>>
>>      Now.... how do we register with the "central system"?
> Well, first make sure that it works :)
>
> I've not handled the registration process myself, but to test it, ensure
> you can authenticate against the test pgweb instance you've set up. You
> can configure it from the "Community auth sites" and "community auth
> orgs" part of the admin. So once that works, I think there can be the
> conversation of actually registering with the "central system."

     We can do that, no problem.

> To date, apps that use community auth have been within pginfra (AFAICT),
> so to "formally request" it probably involves a longer conversation,
> either here or with webmaster@ as the process of doing so has not been
> exercised yet.

     Fair enough. Now.... I'd like not to waste any resources before
having that "longer conversation" then, which I hope it is not that
long. We're building a user authentication system on top of
https://postgresqlco.nf that will use external id providers like Google
Account, Twitter and others. We'd like to provide postgresql.org
community account as a first-class citizen authentication mechanism,
since this is something for the PostgreSQL Community as a whole. If this
is possible, great! If not, we should know asap and stick with the other
providers only --but I hope should not be a big deal.

So far, we have only approved services running fully managed by the infrastructure team to handle this. Some of them are managed by different organisations (such as PostgreSQL Europe or PostgreSQL US), but since they are running on the main infrastructure there the team has the ability to reach and manage all the data.

Right now, the system isn't really set up to handle things outside of that, as some things (particularly in relation to our new friend the gdpr) are handled completely manually and are not in the system. There are a number of things that should be implemented before doing something like that, such as the ability to push out a forced account delete (no API for that now). Or at the very least, a second level of consent about sharing data in an irretrievable way.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: