Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites

От Álvaro Hernández
Тема Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On 17/9/19 14:14, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> On 9/17/19 11:54 AM, Álvaro Hernández wrote:
>>
>>      Great, thank you Jonathan.
>>
>>      Now.... how do we register with the "central system"?
> Well, first make sure that it works :)
>
> I've not handled the registration process myself, but to test it, ensure
> you can authenticate against the test pgweb instance you've set up. You
> can configure it from the "Community auth sites" and "community auth
> orgs" part of the admin. So once that works, I think there can be the
> conversation of actually registering with the "central system."

     We can do that, no problem.

> To date, apps that use community auth have been within pginfra (AFAICT),
> so to "formally request" it probably involves a longer conversation,
> either here or with webmaster@ as the process of doing so has not been
> exercised yet.

     Fair enough. Now.... I'd like not to waste any resources before
having that "longer conversation" then, which I hope it is not that
long. We're building a user authentication system on top of
https://postgresqlco.nf that will use external id providers like Google
Account, Twitter and others. We'd like to provide postgresql.org
community account as a first-class citizen authentication mechanism,
since this is something for the PostgreSQL Community as a whole. If this
is possible, great! If not, we should know asap and stick with the other
providers only --but I hope should not be a big deal.

     Thanks,

     Álvaro

--

Alvaro Hernandez

OnGres

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites
Сообщение: Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third party websites