Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 6:32 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 4:56 PM Andrew Dunstan <
> andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, we'll need to work out where to stash the file. The client will
>> pick up anything in src/regress/log for "make check", but would need
>> adjusting for other steps that invoke pg_regress. I'm getting close to
>> cutting a new client release, but I can delay it till we settle this.

> It seems pretty trivial to for example get all the steps out of check.log
> and their timing with a regexp.

Yeah, I don't see why we can't scrape this data from the existing
buildfarm output, at least for the core regression tests.  New
infrastructure could make it easier/cheaper, but I don't think we
should invest in that until we've got a provably useful tool.

So spending a few minutes to look at my data, it is not quite that easy if we want to look at contrib checks for example. Both btree_gin and btree_gist have checks called "int4" for example, and the aforementioned regexp won't pick that up. But that's surely a fixable problem.

And perhaps we should at least start off data for just "make check" to see if it's useful, before spending too much work?