Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm
Дата
Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 4:56 PM Andrew Dunstan <
> andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, we'll need to work out where to stash the file. The client will
>> pick up anything in src/regress/log for "make check", but would need
>> adjusting for other steps that invoke pg_regress. I'm getting close to
>> cutting a new client release, but I can delay it till we settle this.

> It seems pretty trivial to for example get all the steps out of check.log
> and their timing with a regexp.

Yeah, I don't see why we can't scrape this data from the existing
buildfarm output, at least for the core regression tests.  New
infrastructure could make it easier/cheaper, but I don't think we
should invest in that until we've got a provably useful tool.