Re: Regarding query on the postgresql upgrade

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Regarding query on the postgresql upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:49 AM Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net> wrote:
Ramesh Penuballi schrieb am 15.10.2020 um 10:27:
> We  are planning to upgrade the postgres version from 9.2.13 to
> 9.4.25 by keeping the support version of Atlassian in mind.
>
> But to proceed the same in production, we have tried to run the
> pgdump command to take the backup of all the databases and getting
> the below error when we tried to take the dump of Eazybi database
> which is not present on our stage environment.

For a minor version upgrade you only need to install the new binaries and restart the Postgres service.

There is no need to use pg_dump/pg_restore in that case

9.2 to 9.4 is not a minor upgrade though. It's a major upgrade, so either pg_dump/pg_restore or pg_upgrade will need to be used.

Сообщение: Re: Regarding query on the postgresql upgrade
Сообщение: Re: Regarding query on the postgresql upgrade