Re: pgcommitfest reply having corrupted subject line

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgcommitfest reply having corrupted subject line
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
The following message, which bears "User-Agent: pgcommitfest",

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20160202164101.1291.30526.pgcf@coridan.postgresql.org

added spaces after commas in its subject line, compared to the subject line of
its In-Reply-To message.

     new subject line: Re: Add generate_series(date, date) and generate_series(date, date, integer)
previous subject line: Re: Add generate_series(date,date) and generate_series(date,date,integer)

I see no way to manually alter the subject line from the
commitfest.postgresql.org review UI.  Is commitfest.postgresql.org initiating
this change internally?

That is weird.

The CF app certainly doesn't do that intentionally - it copies it from the archives. And if I look in the db on the cf app, it has the subject without the space as the field that it copied :O

The code is line 355-358 at:

the "subject" field in the db that we copy does not have the spaces... I honestly have no idea where they are coming from :O I'm guessing it must be something internally in the python libraries that create the MIME. Have you seen this with any other messages, that you can recall, or just this one?