Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 4:27 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2021-Jan-28, Ravi Krishna wrote:
>
> > I am planning to switch to a web based tool to read this mailing list.
>
> That's great.
>
> > While reading is easy via web, how do I post a reply from web.
>
> Yeah, "how" indeed.
>
> > I recollect there use to be a website from where one can reply from web.
>
> The community does not maintain such a service.
>
> There used to be a Gmane archive of this list that you could use to
> post.  Seems it's still online at postgresql-archive.org.  They have a
> "Reply" button and it says to require your account, but given SPF and
> DMARC and other restrictions on email generation, it seems pretty
> uncertain that emails posted that way would work correctly.  I think we
> would even reject such emails if they reached our mailing list servers.

Yeah, given the amount of trouble we've had around that one, I would
strongly advise you not to use it.

Another option is to read it through the web interface and use the
"resend to me" functionality once you want to reply to something, and
then reply to that through your normal email. It's not the most
convenient workflow, but if you mostly read and only very seldom post,
it works.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface
Сообщение: Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface