Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:08 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * Stefan Kaltenbrunner (stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc) wrote:
> > On 3/26/20 3:44 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > We could put it just to the right of the download link though? There
> > > seems to be enough space for that with a large margin at least on
> > > desktops.
> >
> > what about doing something completely different - like hiding those
> > links behind community auth and call it a day(especially with so few users)?
> >
> > I dont see a problem with requiring community auth for downloading those
> > links as well as raw messages..
>
> I guess the question there is- how hard would it be for someone to
> script the community auth process, so that they can automatically
> download the mbox's each month, if they wish to..?

Complicated enough that a process like that is going to be *really* annoying.

> I'm guessing it's probably not that hard, but that's the one thing that
> comes to mind regarding this proposal..  Otherwise I am generally in
> support of requiring community auth for this instead of using the basic
> auth method we have today.

One of the original usecases for "download thread as mbox" was you, I
believe , which was basically about opening a mailbox directly from
inside mutt or something? Isn't that also going to be a lot more
annoying from something like this?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads