Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Stefan Kaltenbrunner (stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc) wrote:
> On 3/26/20 3:44 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > We could put it just to the right of the download link though? There
> > seems to be enough space for that with a large margin at least on
> > desktops.
>
> what about doing something completely different - like hiding those
> links behind community auth and call it a day(especially with so few users)?
>
> I dont see a problem with requiring community auth for downloading those
> links as well as raw messages..

I guess the question there is- how hard would it be for someone to
script the community auth process, so that they can automatically
download the mbox's each month, if they wish to..?

I'm guessing it's probably not that hard, but that's the one thing that
comes to mind regarding this proposal..  Otherwise I am generally in
support of requiring community auth for this instead of using the basic
auth method we have today.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads