Re: Changing Passwords as Encrypted not Clear-Text

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Changing Passwords as Encrypted not Clear-Text
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 15:31, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 15:01 +0200, MURAT KOÇ wrote:
>> Is it possible to see changing passwords as encrypted?
>
> Nope.
>
>>  How should I change password or what is the correct sql statement to change user password?
>>

> There's only one way to change a password: ALTER USER... PASSWORD...

Not really. You can use "\password" in psql, or you can use
PQencryptPassword() in libpq. I don't know if that function is exposed
in other client drivers, but it's certainly been in libpq for quite a
while.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/