Re: PATCH: Add libssh2 directory in CPPFLAGS (VPATH issue)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PATCH: Add libssh2 directory in CPPFLAGS (VPATH issue)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

I needed to modify the configuration at quite a lot places to make it work properly.
And, looks like the pgscript has not been compiled by anyone from long time and I can say that because, it has been horribly broken.
If we're going to support the stand-alone pgscript application, we will need to modify the code accordingly.
There are many changes done in the pgadmin3 code, which are shared by pgscript. And, we've not taken care about pgscript affected areas.

Honestly, I don't think we need to keep that there. pgScript was originally written as a GSOC project by Mickael Deloison, and later added to pgAdmin as a second project (iirc, Magnus mentored). We included the command line interpretor just to give it a home, but as it hasn't been touched since it was added and isn't used for anything it should probably go.

Any comments Magnus, Mickael?

Wel, keeping it anywhere *else* is just going to make the problem even worse. So the options are to either fix it, or to throw it out completely.

I'm not against throwing it out completely - as you say, nobody seems to have touched it in ages and ages. If we *do* want to keep it, we should make it part of the main build so that we detect breakage *right away* and not years later - much easier to fix that way.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Add libssh2 directory in CPPFLAGS (VPATH issue)
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: Add libssh2 directory in CPPFLAGS (VPATH issue)