Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Cédric Villemain <cedric@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Andrew is about to commit (well...I hope) a doc patch about that and also a little fix.
>> Imho this is a bugfix so I hope it will be applyed in older branches.
>
> Oh I see, indeed commit 6697aa2bc25c83b88d6165340348a31328c35de6
> "Improve support for building PGXS modules with VPATH" fixes the
> problem and I see it's not present in REL9_3_0.
>
> Andrew and others, does this seem safe enough to backport to 9.3.1?

Ping? Will this be backported to 9.3 or should I report to extension
authors to fix their Makefiles?

I understand that the 9.3.1 release might still be weeks away, I'd
just like to get a vague confirmation about what committers think.

Note that this patch is already applied to Debian/Ubuntu packages
(including those on apt.postgresql.org).

Regards,
Marti