Re: pg_stat_statements: calls under-estimation propagation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements: calls under-estimation propagation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Farina escribió:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM, Daniel Farina <daniel@fdr.io> wrote:
> > I think the n-call underestimation propagation may not be quite precise for
> > various detailed reasons (having to do with 'sticky' queries) and to make it
> > precise is probably more work than it's worth.  And, on more reflection, I'm
> > also having a hard time imaging people intuiting that value usefully.  So,
> > here's a version removing that.
>
> I forgot about removal of the relevant SGML, amended here in v6.

Nice.

You need to remove the --1.1.sql entry (the file itself and the DATA
entry in Makefile).

Also, I think it would be good to have a common "fooRandom()" routine,
instead of having a second copy of PostmasterRandom.  Might I suggest
putting it in a new file under src/common/.