[ANNOUNCE] PGConf India 2017 - Schedule/Trainings now published

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема [ANNOUNCE] PGConf India 2017 - Schedule/Trainings now published
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
Hello All,

The complete list of talks and trainings are now published on the conference website - http://pgconf.in. We must admit that talk selection was a very difficult task this time because of significant increase in submissions. We'd to reject 2 talks for every accepted talk, even though we are doing multiple parallel tracks this time, which means many more talks as compared to last year.

We're very happy to have Simon Riggs to deliver the keynote this year. Robert Haas has also kindly  accepted our invitation to speak at the conference. For full list of talks and trainings, please visit the website.

Persistence: Key to PostgreSQL’s Success (Keynote)
SpeakerSimon Riggs - CTO at 2ndQuadrant and Developer/Committer at PostgreSQL Community

"Simon Riggs will talk about the importance of persistence for PostgreSQL’s users, details of our persistence technology and how our community embraces these strengths and values."

Moving PostgreSQL Forward (Invited Talk)
Speaker: Robert Haas - VP, Chief Architect, Database Server @ EnterpriseDB, PostgreSQL Major Contributor and Committer

"PostgreSQL has a reputation for developing features in a slow and methodical way, producing very high-quality work, but sometimes taking years before a particular feature reaches full maturity. Why does this happen? What impact does it have on PostgreSQL use and adoption? What would be required for the PostgreSQL development community to move faster?"

The main conference is on 3rd March 2017 and the trainings are on 2nd March. There will be 2 parallel tracks of the trainings, where each training will be a half day training.

We're very grateful to our sponsors. Their generous support helps us to plan the conference in a much better way. 2ndQuadrant, Taashee Linux Services and OpenSCG are our platinum sponsors, EnterpriseDB and Ashnik are our gold sponsors where as EnterpriseDB is also our video sponsor. For more sponsorship opportunities, please write to us at contact@pgconf.in

Thanks,
Organising Committee

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: