Re: Faster inserts with mostly-monotonically increasing values

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: Faster inserts with mostly-monotonically increasing values
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 7:49 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:

> Why is this RelationSetTargetBlock() call inside the "XLOG stuff" block?
> ISTM that we're failing to take advantage of this optimization for unlogged
> tables, for no particular reason. Just an oversight?
>
> - Heikki

Indeed.

Maybe Pavan knows of one, but I don't see any reason not to apply this
to unlogged tables as well. It slipped the review.

Yes, looks like an oversight :-( I will fix it along with the other changes that Peter requested.

Thanks,
Pavan