Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)
Дата
Re: [pgjdbc] Implement JDBC specs via pre-processor step (#435)  (Jeremy Whiting <jwhiting@redhat.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Álvaro>Run "mvn dependency:list"

mvn dependency:analyze-report allows to capture "Used but undeclared
dependencies" and "Unused but declared dependencies" as well.

Álvaro>- xml-resolver: pretty old code

I've no idea what it is doing there. It is marked as compile-time
dependency, however the code compiles without it just fine.
I think it can be just dropped.

Álvaro>    OK, so here's how to reproducible check the dependencies of
the maven project:

What we miss is:
1) Fedora-like CI environment. It makes little sense optimizing
pgjdbc's dependencies if those dependencies are already present in
Fedora-like build boxes.
Is there a CI for Fedora builds?
How do we validate that "the specific changes to pgjdbc" indeed help
Fedora packaging?

2) Requirements. I'm sure the first dozen of builds will fail due to
packaging limitations. It is much better to know the limitations
beforehand than running into them at Fedora CI builds.

Vladimir