Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Pavel>I also don't see the primary source -- is this osgi.enterprise code
Pavel>expected to be freely redistributed?

I am not going to redistribute it.
Are you?

I suggest just use the existing sources (that are available at Maven Central).

Pavel>Are they using OSGi enterprise somehow on Linux?

They use OSGi, they run on Linux somehow => they are using OSGI on
Linux somehow.

Pavel> OSGi compiled in pgjdbc.jar provided by RPMs?

OSGi allows to isolate services and providers. OpenHAB project has
chosen OSGi for dependency management, thus they rely on database
services that OSGi provides.
Someone choses *.rpm, someone choses *.deb. Same thing here: someone
choses OSGi to manage dependencies & components & services.

Pavel>Why OpenHAB needs us
Pavel>to compile OSGi in?

osgi-enabled pgjdbc.jar is useful for applications that rely on OSGi.
non-osgi-enabled pgjdbc.jar is useless for those kind of applications.

Vladimir

Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please