Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

От Pavel Raiskup
Тема Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Monday 25 of January 2016 07:43:25 Dave Cramer wrote:
> On 25 January 2016 at 07:02, Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Monday 25 of January 2016 14:48:36 Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> > > Pavel> Of course, to be clear about this -- nobody is going to
> > > download XX distro
> > > Pavel>RPM to use the packaged '*.jar' on Windows.  There are different
> > channels
> > >
> > > Please clarify my "OpenHAB" example.  "pgjdbc without OSGi metadata" is
> > > of no use for OpenHAB.  OSGi is not Windows-specific.
> >
> > Are they using OSGi enterprise somehow on Linux?  Why would OpenHAB guys
> > need OSGi compiled in pgjdbc.jar provided by RPMs?  Why OpenHAB needs us
> > to compile OSGi in?
> >
> > IOW: As far as I'm concerned, there is no request for OSGi enterprise on
> > linux.
>
> ?? osgi is not a windows specific technology.

Right, but that is orthogonal issue -- nobody else needs it on Fedora.  We
are taking care of databases stuff and thus we don't have enough resources
to maintain whole OSGi to bring this into Fedora.

I haven't found this packaged for other Linux/FreeBSD distros, so probably
nobody needs it there.  Again, this is not that much important --
packaging is possible, we in DB team are not able to do it.

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please