Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc  (Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Álvaro>    I think running tests is cool for the packaging process,
but is this needed for packaging? I mean, it's upstream who should run
them before releasing versions, right? :)

If you pick "upstream build artifact", you know it is tested.
If you use custom-made-kludge-patched build process, you'd better test
that new artifact before use.
It can easily fail in a unexpected way. For instance: not all ${...}
being replaced, not all the classes present, missing translations,
etc, etc.

Nothing personal. Just facts.

Vladimir

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc