Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc

От Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 17/02/16 18:43, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
> Álvaro>    I think running tests is cool for the packaging process,
> but is this needed for packaging? I mean, it's upstream who should run
> them before releasing versions, right? :)
>
> If you pick "upstream build artifact", you know it is tested.
     Yeah, that's what I meant :) No need to test it if taken from upstream.

> If you use custom-made-kludge-patched build process, you'd better test
> that new artifact before use.
> It can easily fail in a unexpected way. For instance: not all ${...}
> being replaced, not all the classes present, missing translations,
> etc, etc.

     Absolutely. But the two proposed changes here are:

- Remove waffle dependency from pom file (it's obviously not needed in
Fedora). I don't think this requires any testing (if it compiles, of course)

- Replace osgi.enterprise by something else. This something else will be
present in upstream, and hence tests.

     :)

     Álvaro

--
Álvaro Hernández Tortosa

8Kdata

От: Vladimir Sitnikov
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc
От: Pavel Raiskup
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Packaging of postgresql-jdbc