Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Pavel>I must admit that it all sounds terribly complicated process
Pavel>to build pgjdbc from source

I must admit you exaggerate here.

Building pgjdbc is **just** a single `mvn install` command.
As you miss pgjdbc-parent-poms (it is your choice to miss it in the
first place), you need to get pgjdbc-parent-poms sources, then `mvn
install` it.
pgjdbc-parent-poms are at GitHub's releases page (see [1])

Is is that complicated?

Pavel> can I have the parent-poms installed somehow locally -- without
Pavel>creating a new system package?

I'm not sure if end-user applications would work if you skip packaging
of pgjdbc-parent-poms.
To install pgjdbc-parent-poms locally, see [2].

Pavel> taking into account how trivial is to build
Pavel>so complicated project like PostgreSQL server itself

It is like a single command that works in all the supported operation
systems and downloads all the dependencies?
I'm afraid, it is not.

[1]: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc-parent-poms/releases
[2]: https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc-parent-poms#installing-parent-poms-to-local-repository

Vladimir

Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please
Сообщение: Re: Merge pgjdbc-parent-poms project into pgjdbc please