Re: fastest dump/restore

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: fastest dump/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2014-01-27 Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr>:
> Le dimanche 26 janvier 2014 à 10:27 -0700, Scott Ribe a écrit :
>> Is there an article anywhere which documents everything the current state of the art for the fastest dump/restore?
Whatdump/restore format & options? What things to tweak in the config? I've picked up a few bits here and there along
theline, but was just wondering if there's a comprehensive source of current advice.

> pg_dump has its documentation :
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pgdump.html
>
> see also 14.4.9. Some Notes About pg_dump in :
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/populate.html

The wiki page for the 9.3 release has some notes and links to blog articles
describing the new parallel dump feature for pg_dump:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.3#Parallel_pg_dump_for_faster_backups

Regards

Ian Barwick