Re: [HACKERS] Is it time to kill support for very old servers?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Is it time to kill support for very old servers?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>It seems to me that you are looking more for a connection parameter
>>here.
>
> I'm not seeing a meaningful distinction here? Env vars and connection parameters are handled using the same framework
inlibpq.  And using the env var in the test would be better, because you'd only set one value - hard to do within our
nonTAP tests (i.e. in an existing psql, started by pg regress) otherwise.

Or both? I don't really understand why an environment variable is
better than a connection string. For the TAP tests, you could just set
the base of the connection string once and you are done as well. See
the SSL tests for example.
--
Michael