Re: [RFC] Incremental backup v2: add backup profile to base backup

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [RFC] Incremental backup v2: add backup profile to base backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Marco Nenciarini
<marco.nenciarini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
> Compared to first version, we switched from a timestamp+checksum based
> approach to one based on LSN.
Cool.

> This patch adds an option to pg_basebackup and to replication protocol
> BASE_BACKUP command to generate a backup_profile file. It is almost
> useless by itself, but it is the foundation on which we will build the
> file based incremental backup (and hopefully a block based incremental
> backup after it).
Hm. I am not convinced by the backup profile file. What's wrong with
having a client send only an LSN position to get a set of files (or
partial files filed with blocks) newer than the position given, and
have the client do all the rebuild analysis?

> Any comment will be appreciated. In particular I'd appreciate comments
> on correctness of relnode files detection and LSN extraction code.
Please include some documentation with the patch once you consider
that this is worth adding to a commit fest. This is clearly WIP yet so
it does not matter much, but that's something not to forget.

Regards,
--
Michael

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to make ResourceOwnerForgetBuffer() O(1), instead of O(N^2) scale
От: Kouhei Kaigai
Сообщение: Re: How to make ResourceOwnerForgetBuffer() O(1), instead of O(N^2) scale