Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET typos and fix for temporary file name management

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET typos and fix for temporary file name management
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I agree with Michael that having pg_basebackup be aware of the ".temp"
> suffix is ugly; for instance if we were to fix it to ".tmp" in ALTER
> SYSTEM but forgot to change pg_basebackup, the check would be
> immediately broken.  But on the other hand I'm not sure why it's such a
> problem for pg_basebackup that it needs to be checking in the first
> place -- how about we rip that out?
Coupled with the addition of a pgsql_tmp prefix to the temp
configuration file name would work, yes we could remove this check
part.

> Perhaps the temp file needs to be in pgsql_tmp?  (Do we need to worry
> about cross-filesystem links if we do?  I mean, do we support mounting
> pgsql_tmp separately?)
Using pgsql_tmp looks a bit weird as well, as this prefix is used only
for temporary files doing database-related operations, and ALTER
SYSTEM is not one. Doing that this would need a mention in the docs at
least:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/storage-file-layout.html
Thoughts?
Regards,
--
Michael

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: proposal: hide application_name from other users
От: Harold Giménez
Сообщение: Re: proposal: hide application_name from other users