Re: [HACKERS] Notes on testing Postgres 10b1

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Notes on testing Postgres 10b1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@berkus.org> wrote:
> Q1. Why does wal_level default to "replica" and not "logical"?

The difference of WAL generated is way higher between
archive->hot_standby than hot_standby->logical. And unlike replica,
logical decoding is not something that is widely spread in user's
deployments to justify changing to such a default. At least that's
what I recall on the matter.

> Q2: I thought we were going to finally change the pg_dump default to
> "custom" format in this release?  No?

I don't recall any discussion on this matter, but my memory may fail me.
--
Michael