Re: [HACKERS] BEFORE trigger can cause undetected partitionconstraint violation

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BEFORE trigger can cause undetected partitionconstraint violation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/06/07 11:57, Amit Langote wrote:
> How about we export ExecPartitionCheck() out of execMain.c and call it
> just before ExecFindPartition() using the root table's ResultRelInfo?

Turns out there wasn't a need to export ExecPartitionCheck after all.
Instead of calling it from execModifyTable.c and copy.c, it's better to
call it at the beginning of ExecFindPartition() itself.  That way, there
is no need to add the same code both in CopyFrom() and ExecInsert(), nor
is there need to make ExecPartitionCheck() public.  That's how the patch
attached with the previous email does it anyway.

Thanks,
Amit