Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG: *FF WALs under 9.2 (WAS: .ready files appearing on slaves)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
We kept the WAL files and log files for further analysis. How can we help
regarding this issue?

Commit c2f79ba has added as assumption that the WAL receiver should always enforce the create of .done files when WAL files are done being streamed (XLogWalRcvWrite and WalReceiverMain) or archived (KeepFileRestoredFromArchive). Then using this assumption 1bd42cd has changed a bit RemoveOldXlogFiles, removing a check looking if the node is in recovery. Now, based on the information given here yes it happens that there are still cases where .done file creation is not correctly done, leading to those extra files. Even by looking at the code, I am not directly seeing any code paths where an extra call to XLogArchiveForceDone would be needed on the WAL receiver side but... Something like the patch attached (which is clearly a band-aid) may help though as it would make files to be removed even if they are not marked as .done for a node in recovery. And this is consistent with the pre-1bd42cd.

Comments welcome.
--
Michael
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Promise index tuples for UPSERT
Сообщение: Re: Promise index tuples for UPSERT